Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Compare and contrast the classroom teaching style of MFWI and MWU

Ayumi

Actually in ACE case, the class style is almost the same here in MFWI and MWU in Japan because we took all of classes with the same eleven students except for French and Liberal Arts. However, we have other classmates in Grammar and American Studies in MFWI, and we have different teachers for each class. If I pay some more attention to the difference, I could pick up some examples.

One of the different classes for me is Americans Studies. At first, it was very stimulative for me to attend the class. I have some reasons why the class was so stimulative for me. I'm getting used to listening to my classmate's English, so in the classroom I can hear other classmate's speaking. Some speak more fluently than me, and some seem to have difficulty in speaking. I felt nervous when I heard other people's natural pronunciation at the beginning of the class. Furthermore, we do some interesting activities in the class, but we didn't have such kind of class in MWU, so these activities were also new for me. We often discuss with each other in the class, make a line according to the topic which our teacher gave, or answer the buzz-in quiz.

Conversely, the style in MWU is bit different.We had worked on the same topic through three subjects with the same title text book, but we don't do now. As to this style, it was good for me because we could have some opportunities to think about the topic in other class. So, I feel there are a lot of things to think about for each class.

The different point in the classroom in MFWI is we need to do more interactive and say our opinion in English. In Japan, of course, we had to speak in English especially the Speaking class, but we sometimes talked in Japanese when we decided the member of the conversation practice group. There seemed to be less volunteer people when we studied in MWU. Therefore the teachers are stricter to us here. However, I don't think it's hard for me to attend class in MFWI. I feel the atmosphere is getting better, but I need to be more active in the class in MFWI!

No comments:

Post a Comment