Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hayao Miyazaki

Haruka


Hayao Miyazaki taught me many important things. He is a really famous anime movie director in Japan. All Japanese people know his works. Even little children like his old work because their parents show his animation to their children. When I was a child, my mother showed his movies, and I loved them. My three most favorite movies are Kiki’s Delivery Service, Whisper of the Heart, and Princess Mononoke.

Kiki’s Delivery Service gave me confidence. The main character of Kiki’s Delivery Service is Kiki. Kiki was a witch who was 13 years old. There was a rule that the witch who became 13 years old had to be independent of her parents, and live in a different town. It was hard for Kiki to live alone, but she found what she can do, and worked hard. Finally, she became popular in the town. This movie taught me that if people work hard, they can get over their difficulties.

Whisper of the Heart reminds me of my junior high school days. Shizuku was a junior high school student who loved reading books. One day, she met Seiji who had a dream to become a violin maker. After she met Seiji, she started to think about her dream because Seiji already decided what he wanted to be in the future. After that, she realized that she wanted to be a writer. However, she didn’t know what she had to do to be a writer, so she was confused. When I was a junior high school student, I was also confused because I didn’t know what my dream was. This movie taught me that I don’t have to be in a hurry to decide my future.

I started to think about nature after I watched Princess Mononoke. The setting of this movie is a Nara period. There was Princess Mononoke who lived with animals in a forest. At that time, people started to cut the trees, and burned the forest. For this reason, Princess Mononoke and the animals got angry, and started fighting with people. Consequently, many people and nature died. This movie taught me that people have to protect nature where animals can live peacefully.

These three movies taught me important things. My mother wanted me to learn something. That’s why she showed me Hayao Miyazaki’s movies.
I think his works will never die.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's good organaization. I can read easily. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned how much you love Ghibli movies by reading your essay. It was also interesting to read about what you've learned by watching Ghibli movies.

    ReplyDelete