Thursday, March 17, 2011

Homestay Weekend

Saki


My first home stay in America was interesting. I went on homestay with my classmates, Saki and Miyuki, this weekend. My host father’s name is Gary and mother’s name is Lexi. We were going to do some activities so we planned this weekend with Gary and Lexi on the match up day. I was looking forward to waiting the home stay weekend and I had a good opportunity to learn about American people’s life thorough the homestay this weekend.

Friday was the first wonderful day for me. Saki, Miyuki and I met Gary and Lexi at four thirty, and they introduced their house. I was surprised because Gary’s house looked like a hotel, not a house. The house was cute and beautiful with colorful decorations. We made a pizza after the introduction. I’ve never made it, so I enjoyed making it, and it was very delicious. Gary always goes to bed early and wakes up early, so we finished talking around ten o’clock after the dinner.

I was looking forward to going outside on Saturday. If it was fine, we were going to go to see an eagle and go for a walk, but if it rained, we were going to go bowling. Fortunately, we went to see the eagle. We couldn’t see the eagle because it seemed to have already gone away, so we walked around the town and lake instead. We ate out at the lunch, but we made the dinner with Gary and Lexi. Saki, Miyuki and I made the Japanese traditional food, Nikujaga, for Gary and Lexi because we made the pizza yesterday. Unfortunately, we couldn’t see the eagle, but we had a good time with Mr. and Ms. Gary.

I moved actively. We were going to go shopping on Sunday. Saki, Miyuki, Lexi and I made breakfast and lunch, and then we went shopping. We didn’t go with Gary because he had to go another appointment. We went to Lexi’s mother’s house after shopping. We met her mother and her brother there. They were very kind, and they were willing to welcome us. We talked a lot during the dinner and played games. I had a great time with Lexi’s family because they were very kind and made us fun.

I spent the precious time with Gary and Lexi on homestay weekend. The most important thing I learned from Gary and Lexi’s life is they helped each other. Most wives have to make the meal for their families in Japan, but Gary helped Lexi when she made dinner or cooked the dessert. Saki, Miyuki and I also helped them, and we cleaned the kitchen and the dishes with everybody after the meal, so I think the people help each other all time in America.

No comments:

Post a Comment