Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Relationships Between Students and Teachers

By Miu

The biggest difference of MFWI and MWU is communication between students and teachers, I think. However, I wrote about this topic last week. I’m sorry that I didn’t know the topic of this week. Therefore, I’ll write more deeply this time. As I wrote the last journal, ways of classes are completely different. MFWI teachers always ask our opinions and make classes together, so their classes are really interesting. Therefore, we want to talk with them more and go to their office, so we can communicate a lot. However, MWU teachers made classes by themselves, so we are bored. Accordingly, we aren’t interested in them and don’t want to communicate with them. I think it is the biggest difference and also the most serious problem.

The classroom teaching style of MFWI and MWU is totally different. I think it is concerned with each national character. My image of Americans is cheerful, positive and active, but Japanese aren’t same as them. MFWI teachers always need our answers and opinions in their classes and try to know us as much as possible. Therefore, we are also interested in both teachers and classes and want them to know about us, so we go to their office hour. I’ve already been to some teacher’s office hour. We are smaller group than classes, so we can talk deeply with each other about each family, our classes and my future. Through time like this, we can exchange a lot of information and our relationship become well. In addition, talking with teachers is also a good opportunity to improve our English speaking skill. Therefore, I want to exploit office hours more in the future. Compared with MWU, some teachers have an office hour and some students use it. However, I’ve never visited their offices. It’s because I didn’t need to visit them. In Japan, classes are usually one teacher and many students about fifty, so only a teacher speaks and students just listen. It is not fun, so I don’t want to talk with them outside classes. I think it is a common opinion among most Japanese university students. Therefore, we hardly communicate with our teachers. It isn’t good thing at all. In my opinion, not only students but also teachers have to follow MFWI classroom teaching style. I know that there are a lot of difficulties such as luck of teachers and classrooms to realize my suggestion. Therefore, I’ll enjoy this teaching style at MFWI now.

No comments:

Post a Comment