Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Seattle Trip

Saki Mi

I went on the West Coast Trip this weekend, and had a lot of exiting experiences there. The three important cultural experiences are Burke Museum of Natural History and Culture, Chihuly’s Bridge of Glass and Washington States History Museum because I’ve never visited there and I remembered them very well. All of them made me inspired. First of all, I went to the Burke Museum of Natural History and Culture on Friday. There were a lot of exhibitions. We learned about Native Americans from our guide. When she told us about Native Americans, she gave us some samples. We touched them directly. This doesn’t happen so often in Japan. That’s why I remember that situation very much.

The Burke Museum of Natural History and Culture exhibited a lot of models, samples and photographs. Those exhibitions made us more excited and didn’t make us bored, so I listened to the guide’s lecture carefully, and understood easily. I think it is good to learn about culture more than just listen to the lecture, and I enjoyed the museum.

The second experience is the Washington States History Museum. When I entered the museum, there were a lot of models like the Burke Museum of Natural History and Culture. Each booth had a lot of models or pictures. We could wear the past clothes in certain booths. It made me excited. There were not so many instruction boards as models or pictures in Washington States History Museum. I was interested in the models and enjoyed seeing them. We had to answer questions in the tour book, but I did it easily with my friends and I easily understood about the history for the sake of seeing the models and photographs.

Finally, the most important cultural experience for me is Chihuly’s Bridge of Glass. It was the best place for me during the trip because I was inspired by his works. I’ve never heard of his name, so I had no idea of his works. When I saw his exhibitions, I was surprised because they were very beautiful. It’s beyond my imagination. Chihuly’s works were very exotic shapes and also colorful and very beautiful thanks to the light or sunshine. Unfortunately, it rained on Sunday, but they were beautiful. I liked them quickly and I’ve still remembered them. Chihuly’s works are made of glass, so those were changed by the light. And the place I visited was in public, so everyone could see them anytime and enjoyed the color change because of the light. Chihuly’s beautiful works inspire people very much, and make people happy. I think jobs which inspire people or make people happy are very nice, and Chihuly was one of greatest people because he has identity and shows people it.

I had great experiences during West Coast Trip. I learned about Native American and Washington History in the museums. A lot of pictures and models were easy to understand for me and made me excited. Chihuly’s works inspired me very much. I was surprised and learned how great works which make people happy were. I was happy that I had not only three experiences but also the other exiting experiences on the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment