Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Teaching Style of MFWI and MWU


by Sayuri


The classroom teaching style of MFWI and MWU is a little different. I explain the reason why I say that, because Professor Brooks’ teaching style was similar to MFWI. Through her classes, I did not get confused about the classroom teaching style. However, I learn some new styles to improve my English skill every day here, and they are interesting for me.


Learning new classroom teaching style is difficult but fun. In order to show my opinion, I’m going to give three points. First, we usually sit at a table with four people at classes at MFWI. It is easy to show each answer, ask questions and share opinions. We often move around to find new partner. We did that at MWU, but it was a little bit less than MFWI. Next, it is different how to research. When we need to examine something, we often use the Internet or books at MWU. However, at MFWI we check the Internet and books and do interviews also. It is interesting for me because I can see real thinking and know many different opinions through interviews. Finally, we often discuss and share each opinion in a group or partner at MFWI. It is good to get new information, thinking way and advice. We also discussed, made presentations and showed individual thinking at MWU, so it is not so hard for us. On the other hand, we have never done peer editing. Therefore, it is difficult. It helps us improving our writing skill by finding problems and editing another person’s work.


We have already experienced the classroom teaching style of MFWI in Japan. Nevertheless, we did not do peer editing, do interviews and share the table with some students. In order to develop my English skill, I need to use these skills I’ve learned at MWU and got at MFWI.

No comments:

Post a Comment