Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Important Cultural Experience


Ayumi
I was very lucky during the Seattle Trip! I experienced something “rare” and “remarkable” at some sightseeing places in Seattle. I was very happy to spend such a nice moment in Seattle. I’m going to focus on the wonderful experience at Safeco Field and University of Washington.

Even if it was off season, I really could enjoy walking around the Safeco Field stadium. One of my JC friends said there was a game and she saw Ichiro on the field when she visited there last semester. Therefore, I really envied her to hear that. However, this time we were allowed to enter the stadium where ordinary people probably can’t get into during the season. We visited the members’ locker room, training space, interview hall and of course the field. It was very exciting for me. Therefore, I took a lot of pictures with my friends. I really appreciated the staff who work there to welcome us inside the stadium.

It was first time for me to visit American university, University of Washington, and I saw a lot of things there. At first, it was hard for me to remember Washington State University and University of Washington. However, surprisingly, I did it. I can distinguish the university because, I saw lots of beautiful scenery at the campus. I saw wonderful architecture at the campus. It seemed very old and historical. There were also very tall trees. I guess, there will be a big Christmas tree at their campus, but at the same time, I wondered who decorates such a tall tree. While we walked through there, our tour guide suddenly said to us, “Look at that! Can you see the white mountain over there?” I paid all of my attention to the scenery and set my camera. Then, she said “That’s Mt. Rainier. You guys are lucky. We rarely see it because we have a lot of rainy days here in Seattle.” Fortunately, it didn’t rain so much at that time, because I didn’t bring my compact umbrella with me, so it was lucky for me, too.

We rarely experienced those tours as I talked today. Both the fascinating inside of Safco Field and the fabulous scenery at the U-Dub became really precious, important cultural experience for me. Thus, if you have an opportunity to visit Seattle, you need to wait the best chance and you should visit the same season like us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment