Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Unforgettable Experiences

Yuiko

I will never forget these three days which we visited to Seattle, because I was impressed by not only the great American history, but also the warm hearts of American people. I was looking forward to everything that we would experience on this trip, but at the same time, I couldn’t help thinking about the destructive earthquake which brought big damage to Japan right before our departure. In these three days, I had many opportunities talking with Americans I didn’t know, such as, shop stuffs, museum guides, and a hotel clerk. All of them told me that they concerned about the terrible earthquake. I was moved by their warmhearted words and I was able to find a difference from Japan. Thus, I learned about American history, but also a new American nationality on this trip.

Firstly, I was really impressed by the Columbia River. I’ve never been to such a moving place. There were clouds in the sky and the sun hid behind the clouds, so I didn’t expect such a beautiful view when I was in the bus. However, it was wrong. The huge river was just there as if it was showing us what America is. I felt my heart was moving with the beautiful sight and a little uncanny feeling with the contrast of the gray sky and the huge beautiful river. I’ll never felt such a feeling and the magnificent view will live in my heart.

Secondly, I most enjoyed visiting the University of Washington. It was also a huge and beautiful place. There were many international students, nice looking buildings, and colorful plants. Some students rode a bike in the campus. It was a surprising sight for me, because we cannot ride a bike in our campus. Besides, there were different kinds of buildings, such as antique looking buildings and modern looking buildings. Moreover, flowers and trees made a beautiful contrast with the buildings. I was excited just walking around the campus. If I were a student in this university, I would take many pictures in every season.

Finally, as I wrote in the introduction, I was really impressed and moved by the warm hearts of Americans. Every American who I talked with these three days gave me the words of concern about the terrible earthquake. It can be a kind of national character of America. Usually, Japanese don’t want to talk with foreigners even in such a tragic situation. I was able to find this difference from Japanese and it can be an important difference. I will never forget their cheerful words.

I cannot come up with any right words that express my feeling about these fantastic three days. All activities and experiences gave me shock in some way more or less. To be honest, I don’t like to have a trip somewhere new, but I learned in these three days that visiting new places gives me inspiration which can change my way of thinking. This trip will be an unforgettable memory for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment