Thursday, March 17, 2011

Wonderful Homestay Weekend!

Miyuki
How wonderful homestay is! In fact, I did not know how amazing it was before I spent time with my host family because it was my first time, and I was anxious about what would happen to me. Contrary to my worries, the homestay was terrific; I learned American culture more directly than I do at MFWI. What surprised me was the housing and some food, so I want to talk about these things accounting for my impression and how fun the homestay was.

What do you think about homestay? You might feel nervous, but you do not have to be because it is very fun. The most interesting things are housing I stayed, and visited and food I ate. It took about fifteen minutes to go to the host family’s house from MFWI, and when I arrived there, I was surprised at the size and construction of the house because I had hardly seen such a residence in Japan. On entering the residence, I noticed that it was filled with a lot of beautiful furniture, uncommon ornaments, and sweat love of the family. In addition, I realized that the house was designed in a different way from Japan’s; there is more extra room than there is in Japan. I understood some Americans use many rooms for different purposes like a bedroom and a library. On the other hand, some Japanese use a few rooms in diverse ways like they often share a bedroom and a library. Next, when I helped the host family to make dinner, pizza, I was also amazed at how they did it; there were two big ovens and a dish washer. I have hardly heard that people in Japan have such these things in their kitchens, so I was astonished to see their wonderful ways of cooking. Additionally, I learned differences between America and Japan of what food people ate at every meal. I mean that food I ate was completely different from food I usually eat in Japan; I ate cinnamon roll in the morning for the first time. These things I learned from a visit to host family’s house were new for me; however, they were also interesting to know some culture of America.

Do you understand how brilliant homestay is? You might feel strange about differences between America and Japan, but you will start to enjoy them. In America, housing is lovely because there are a lot of rooms with nice stuff for different purposes, and food is delicious and healthy. As a result, I had a great time with my host family. You can go through great experiences if you have an opportunity like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment