Saturday, April 2, 2011

My Goal

Yuiko

My goal is becoming a good English speaker and understanding other countries’ culture more deeply. When I am tired with studying English, I remind to myself why I started studying English. Of course, one of the big reasons is, we have to study English in our school, and there is no choice. However, why I was interested in English is I love the music and the movies which were created in foreign countries, especially countries speak English as a first language. For example, I love British and American musicians, such as the Beatles, Queen, Bob Dylan, and Michel Jackson. Their music always makes me happy even if I feel bad. I also like movies made in foreign countries. "Life is beautiful", "Buffalo’66", and "the Lord of Dog Town". The music and movies give me wonderful inspiration and invited me to the world of English. I want to understand more deeply the culture by studying English.

My short term goal is studying abroad in UK as an exchange student. Therefore, I have to get more than 61 points on TOEFL iBT. It is very difficult for me, because the test includes a speaking test, and I am really bad at speaking in English more than the other students. The strategy for improving my speaking skills is talking with as many native speakers as possible in these four months. So I should talk with native speakers as much as possible. I really want to speak English well.

Finally, to be honest, I haven’t decided my future dream yet, but I hope to get a job which uses English. I want to communicate with many people all over the world and understand different culture. I think that understanding other countries’ culture connects to understanding Japanese culture. I want to see my country from another point of view. To do it, I will able to enjoy my life more. Now; I should be a hard worker than I ever am. These four months will be a very important time in my life and I would like to get the chance to reach my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment