Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Awesome the Seattle Trip!

By Miu The Seattle Trip was of course really exciting, but it was not only fun, but I also learned a lot of things during this trip. It was my first time to visit Seattle, so everything was new for me. We went to the Space Needle, Safeco field, Pike Place Market, the first Starbuck’s store, Washington Statehouse and many museums, and I enjoyed all of them. I got to like Seattle so much! During this trip, I experienced lots of important cultural things, and I want to tell you these awesome experiences; shopping, dinner cruise and University of Washington.

The most fabulous memory of the Seattle trip is shopping because I’m a shopaholic. I bought many clothes and spent lots of time and also money at Westlake Center. However, of course, I did not only enjoy that, I properly found an interesting difference; that is, sales clerks. When I went shopping, almost all sales clerks talked to me like “How are you?” or “Do you need any help?” Many clerks also asked “Where are you from?” I answered “I’m from Japan.” They were worried about the terrible earthquake. In Japan, I am sometimes talked to by sales clerks, but they are not friendly so much as American clerks. It was an interesting experience for me.

I love shopping, and also love eating. I enjoyed every meal, especially dinner cruise on the second night. We rode a gorgeous ship and ate dinner with the wonderful night view of Seattle. It was the most beautiful sight that I’ve seen ever. Unfortunately, the weather was not good, so the deck was cold and rainy. However, the buffet was delicious and all deserts were really yummy. In addition, the servers were very kind and cool. They served our drinks or deserts to each table. In Japan, the system is only at expensive restaurants, so it was not usual for me and became a precious experience. Anyway, I had a really great time that night.

When I visited the University of Washington, I was surprised. It’s because its students were not only Americans. I saw many Asian students such as Korean or Chinese. I learned about diversity in the U.S. at American studies and also I went to the Burke and the Washington State History Museum to know about American history. People from a lot of countries came to and live in the U.S. That’s why I saw many kinds of students.

In brief, I learned about American friendly character, food services, history and diversity through this Seattle trip. It was really fun and interesting. I want to go Seattle again, but I have to think carefully about how to spend money.

1 comment:

  1. You have clear thesis statement and great cultural observations! It was interesting to read and easy to imagin what you felt during Seattele Trip!
    By Reika

    ReplyDelete