Wednesday, March 30, 2011

No Life No Movie

By Sae


Movies are necessary for our life. They make us happy, excited or moved because all movies are stories about life. There are many ways to watch movie for entertainment, dreaming, and learning. Some movies are from books and truth, so it is easy to know much information with dynamic images and sounds. I was raised up by my parents who are addicted to watches movies, so movies affect me many times. In addition, I learned three important things from my favorite movies. These are being myself, making an effort, and never giving up.


“Everyone wants to be us!!” The phrase taught me how important to know what my real desire is. This line is from one of my favorite movies “The Devil Wears Prada”. This story is about a young woman who works as the second assistant to ao fashion magazine editor. Andrea came to New York for her dream of becoming a journalist, but she could apply only to the fashion magazine Runway even though she is not interested in fashion. She started to work under the powerful executive Miranda temporarily for professional challenge. Working under her harsh boss is hard for her dream. Afterward, she found that she lost her boyfriend, friends and family because she works hard every day. She asks herself what she really wants to do, what her dream is, and why she continues to work there even she has enough experience. Finally she quits this job and applies to a newspaper to get back to the real Andrea. I learned making an effort and never giving up are important, so this movie encouraged to me at the time I was thinking about my plan to study abroad. This movie reminds me to make a right decision instead of fearing.


Another great movie is “Little Dancer”. The movie is in 1984 England. The boy Billy goes to boxing club after school. One day, on the way his home he is attracted to ballet. He practices ballet with girls without telling his father who strikes against coal mines. Billy’s teacher teaches him eagerly because she finds his talent. However, his father found he does ballet instead of boxing, so he gets angry. When he realizes his son’s talent, he stops striking to earn for his son’s ballet school. Although stopping striking is betrayal to his friends, he doesn’t hesitate to do it. By the grace of his parents and teacher, he becomes a ballet dancer. In this movie, Billy shows us that all people have the right to choose without worrying about gender or ability. Every time I can’t decide something, this movie reminds me that being myself is important.


“The Whisper of The Heart” imprinted on people’s memories with heartwarming story. The girl loving to read books, Shizuku, found the name Seiji on many cards of books at library. She falls in love with him even though she doesn’t know who he is. One day, a cat is in the train which Shizuku gets in, and then she follows that cat. The cat leads her to mysterious shop Chikyuya. She meets the grandfather Shiro and Seiji at that shop. Seiji is Shiro’s grandson. He makes violins in the shop’s basement because he dreams to go to Italy to learn about craftsman of violin. Shizuku gets worried because she faces Seiji’s strong hope. After thinking what she can do now, she starts to write her story. This movie describes that everyone has talent and intelligent, but it isn’t easy to be successful at that field even with capacity; on the other hand, people can’t succeed without making an effort. People have felt anxious about future when they were students, and I have it too. Many people are familiar with Suzuku’s feeling. That is why “The Whisper of The Heart” is still popular.


Movies give us quasi experience. We can be happy, sad, relieved or anxious by watching movies because they give us a lot of information about life; on the other hand, we can learn from movies. For me, watching movies is a method to have fun, relax, and learn. Being myself, making an effort, and never giving up are all I learned from movie. Those words will keep encourage me when I have a hard time. I think many people have learned something like me. Thus, I can’t imagine life without movies.

3 comments:

  1. I like your essay. I could understand what you felt watching these movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your conclusion because it restated your idea. Additionally, I agree with your opinion about movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this essay, because I can understand your feelings when you whatched these movies, and I totally agree with you!!

    ReplyDelete