Sunday, April 10, 2011

My goal

Haruka

My short-term goal is getting a TOEFL ITP score over 525 to study abroad in America. To reach this goal, I have to learn much vocabulary. Consequently, I decided to memorize ten new words in a day. In addition, listening and reading skills are needed. To improve my listening skill, I should watch movies in English, listen to English songs, TOEFL CD and talk with native speakers. I think talking with native speakers is the most important to improve my listening skill because I try to listen carefully when I’m talking with native speakers. At the same time, I’ll be able to improve my speaking skill. To improve my reading skill, I should read many books which are written in English. While I’m reading them, I have to think why the author writes the book. Fortunately, there is a TOEFL class at MFWI. I’ll take the TOEFL class at MFWI. I don’t know what we are going to do in this class, but this class will help me to reach my goal.

My long-range goal is to be a good English speaker. I want to be a good English speaker as quickly as I can, yet it will take a long time. To reach this goal, I must talk with native speakers. There are many opportunities to talk with them at MFWI. Although I mentioned that my goal is to be a good English speaker, there’s no goal to become a good English speaker. In other words, there’s no end. I must continue to learn English. After graduating from the university, I will continue to learn English. If I stop learning English, my speaking skill will go down. English is hard to improve, and it is easy to go down. That’s why learning English is hard. To be a good English speaker is absolutely a long-range goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment